The TerraServer Download extension has been updated for ArcGIS 9.2. I’ll be honest, I use this thing almost every day (the dumb luck of working in the middle of nowhere with no budget for color satellite imagery). The improvements listed are:
- Improved download in layout mode.
- Support for file geodatabases.
- Automatic proxy server detection.
- Enhanced metadata support to capture FGDC and/or ISO metadata.
- General code upgrades for ArcGIS 9.2 as well as the .NET 2.0 framework.
The biggest improvement is of course the ability to work with ArcGIS 9.2. Of course if you are already running ArcGIS Terraserver, you realize that the current version doesn’t work with 9.2, and of course Windows has trouble uninstalling it. Well Thomas Emge uploaded a 9.1 uninstall tool that solved the problem for me, so run that before running the new 9.2 version. Don’t forget, you need the .NET 2.0 framework installed.