If you like most people have been having a hard time figuring out what the heck ArcGIS Server is and what it can do, ESRI now has a new course just for you. Called “Introduction to ArcGIS Server”, it will teach you how to install, configure, and use ArcGIS Server. The description is below:
ArcGIS Server provides a complete server-based GIS system that supports the use of centrally managed spatial data for mapping and analysis. This course introduces ArcGIS Server and teaches how to install, configure, and use the product as administrators and consumers of GIS services. Students learn how to publish maps, globes, and geoprocessing models that are optimized for performance. Students also create out-of-the-box Web applications using Manager and learn how to use GIS services in both Web applications and ArcGIS Explorer.
Those completing this course will be able to
- Understand the client and server components of the ArcGIS Server architecture.
- Configure the ArcGIS Server system.
- Administer the GIS Server and GIS services.
- Optimize the performance of GIS services.
- Build Web applications that consume GIS services.
- Utilize ArcGIS Explorer to work with GIS services.