I’m not sure if ESRI has a corporate blogging policy, but I can tell you that my company does not. Some day I’m sure that the blogging policy will be part of every employee’s handbook, but until that day I thought I’d share some examples on the Internet that I use as my own personal blogging policy.
- Yahoo! Personal Blog Guidelines - PDF
- IBM blogging policy and guidelines - HTML
- Feedster Corporate Blogging Policy - HTML
- Thomas Nelson Blogging Guidelines - HTML
- Charlene Li’s Blogging policy examples - HTML
- Robert Scoble’s Corporate Weblog Manifesto - HTML
If you are unsure if you are allowed to blog, print out some of the policies above and talk to your supervisor or HR rep. Going in with a policy is much better than being found out via a Google search and then reprimanded.