Rob Elkins and Dave Bouwman have some great posts on the morning sessions. Rather than repeat what they’ve written I’ll point you in their direction.
- Rob Elkins - 2nd Annual ESRI Developer Summit
- Rob Elkins - ArcGIS Server takes the Stage (Author - Server - Use)
- Rob Elkins - Plenary Session continues..
- Rob Elkins - Online GIS
- Dave Bouwman - Dev Summit: Plenary Session Notes
- Steven Citron-Pousty - Plenary session
The notes that most of you will be interested in is what’s planned for 2007 with ArcGIS:
- Maintain 9.2 (bug fixes, performance, documention, critical issues)
- Enhance ArcGIS Server (OGC, enhance Web ADF)
- Overhaul Desktop User Interface
- Overhaul Core GIS components (Geodatabase, mapping and graphics, Geoprocessing)
- Develope standard mobile application framework
- Enhance ArcGIS Online
Beyond that the new stuff in 9.3 future releases will include: ArcObjects Core: - new compiler, 64-bit executibles - simplified API (COM, .NET, Java) - improve install, update, license management Mapping and Graphics - map data model (Geodatabase) - new graphics engine (2D & 3D) Geodatabase - integrated metadata catalog - XML & 64-bit object ID fileds (SDE, File Geodatabase) - 3D information models Geoprocessing - core framework performance and improvments ArcGIS Desktop - Integrated desktop user interface ArcGIS Server - Fast dymanic map (new graphics engine) - Improved Geoprocessing - Integrated catalog and search