Running the new ArcGIS License Manager? You might want to download the latest update from ESRI’s servers. Those running ArcGIS on laptops should definitely look.
Issues Addressed in this update
- NIM003128 ‘ The ArcGIS License Manager for Windows is now supported without hardware keys.
- NIM006141 ‘ The ArcGIS License Manager is now supported on RedHat and SUSE LINUX.
- NIM000652 ‘ The license manager is losing its connection with the USB key when a laptop goes to sleep, resulting in the failure of the license manager when the laptop ‘wakes up’.
- NIM013222 ‘ A remote user can gain access to files on the license server using the License Manager as a gateway.
- NIM040406 – The AIX License Manager has been updated to support systems running AIX 5.3 ML04 and higher.
And before you get too excited, license borrowing won’t be implemented until after 9.3.