Are you kidding me? What is this 1999? Oh but of course as, it all has to do with giving Google the middle finger.
manifold.net recommends use of Microsoft Virtual Earth (the default installation) instead of Google servers for several reasons:
- Virtual Earth has a more even appearance in large scales.
- Virtual Earth does not interrupt service to active users, as Google has been known to do.
- Virtual Earth does not “watermark” images with a disfiguring logo as Google does.
- Virtual Earth has better resolution in many (but not all) locations.
- Microsoft has supported developers working on alternatives to Microsoft’s own geographic browsers.
Rule number one is never cross or speak ill of Manifold.