Let me just say, what a great time I had all weekend here in Portland. WhereCampPDX is definitely an experience you should try and experience once in a lifetime. OK, so maybe that is a little overboard, but so what? I’ve never been to any unconference that has been better run, had the right mix of people and had so many people ready to engage each other. I can’t recall anyone sitting on their hands not saying a word. Some highlights for me:
- Meeting many of the folks I’ve only ever had a change to talk with on Twitter/email.
- Giving the keynote
- Hacking Foursquare (mayor=1)
- Whiffies Fried Pies
- Sessions on topics that I wasn’t very familiar with. Learned a ton!
- Government getting involved with open source and open data. Keep an eye on Portland.
- Eating fresh fish on the coast of Oregon. Being from AZ… all fish, even those that say they are fresh, are actually frozen.
- Bridges; I’m not sure, but I think I hit every bridge. Once I think I have them all, I see another. Should have added them to Foursquare.
Check out and for their take on WhereCampPDX.
My slide deck is below: